Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How can I get my shipmates to leave me alone?

I'm in the Navy so I'm putting this in the military section because only military people would fully understand the question. I work on a ship that's underway about 8 months out of the year. I directly work with 4 other people on the ship. 2 of them are ok, and the other 2 live on the ship and don't know how to entertain themselves. We're in drydock for 6 months right now so I got an apartment that's 4 miles from our pier so I don't have to drive far to work. We all got BAH, but they got cheap apartments that are far away so they can save more money (not for any good reason, just goof around money). I didn't think about it at the time, but that means that it's also very easy for my coworkers to drop by too. They started coming over every single day and hanging out for 4-6 hours and then going back to the ship to sleep and I got mad one day and told them to go away and they did for a couple of weeks. Now, they're starting to come over again and pounding on my door for 15 minutes and throwing rocks at my window trying to get inside so they can hang out at my place. I've told them a few times that I don't want them to come over and they're just ignoring me. I'm trying really hard not to flip out at them because for 24 hours a day, 8 months a year I live and work right in the same room with them. I'm trying not to go to our supervisors or the police or anything. Do you have any ideas because I'm out?

No comments:

Post a Comment